Monday, June 16, 2014

Book Review of While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
Book Review: (SPOILER FREE until second to last paragraph)

Title & Author- While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Genre- Young Adult, Teen Fiction, Romance, Chick Lit

Rating- 3.5 or 4/5

Synopsis- "Low broke Cage's heart by getting with Marcus in Because of Low. Cage went into a tailspin that ended in a DUI. In order to salvage his baseball scholarship, the one thing he truly valued besides Low, Cage must take a summer job. At a farm. Away from Sea Breeze. With lots of cows, but no hot girls. Maybe that's what Cage needs to get back on track.

But wait, there's that hostile daughter of the farm boss. She's pretty and occasionally sweet, and there seems to be a lot of sadness and mystery behind her anger. Cage is dying to strip her down, physically and mentally, in the back of the barn. But is he prepared for what will happen afterward?"

Review- I haven't been able to decide on if I want to give this book a 3.5 or just say its a 4.  This book wasn't anything over-the-top, amazing but this book did have me swooning when it came to their romance (all of Glines' books do)!  As always, I LOLed at their more intimate scenes; I can't help it.  It was pretty explicit but it was Cage's story :)

Honestly, in Because of Low, I didn't think I'd ever be slightly attracted to Cage.  I always saw him as being a good friend but never someone to be a one-girl kind of guy.  However of course, in traditional NA style, the bad boy falls for a good girl and can't help but try and be good for her.  I enjoyed seeing Cage in a better light but this story was also pretty predictable (most of the books I read are but this one wasn't anything standout-spectacular).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPOILER ALLERT! SPOILER ALLERT! SPOILER ALLERT! SPOILER ALLERT!
The reason I knocked off a whole star was due to the ending.  I had a very hard time believing Eva just left her father to live with Cage.  I'm glad she has moved on, or has started to, with her life but her relationship between her and her father wasn't even mentioned in the epilogue!  Normally, just when I think there's no way the ending could end well, Glines is able surprise me.  But sadly, I felt like in this book, the ending was rushed.
END OF SPOILER ALLERT!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been reading a lot of contemporary romances lately so I'm probably going to switch it up with the next few books I pick up.  Don't get me wrong; I'm going to pick up the rest of Glines' books up in the near future, but the past few books I've been read lately have dealt with a lot of insecurities within the characters. I need a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment