Monday, June 30, 2014

Book Review of Drawn by Lilliana Anderson

Drawn by Lilliana Anderson
Book Review: (SPOILER FREE)
Title & Author- Drawn by  Anderson
Genre- New Adult, Fiction, Romance, Contemporary
Rating- 1.5/5
Synopsis- "From the best-selling author of the Beautiful Series, comes Drawn, a powerful tale of a relationship that rides the edge of hate and love and everything in between. 

Have you ever felt so drawn to someone, that you will put up with anything to be with them? That’s how I feel when I’m around him. 

Most of the time, I want to hate him. I want to stay as far away from him as possible. He’s so cocky, and arrogant. And he gets in the way and tells me what to do. He’s all things that I normally detest in a man. But, when we’re alone… I can’t even think for myself – the pull is that intense. 

I know I should run, I know I should stay away. But I can’t. I don’t know if I’m strong enough. 

What do you do when you just can’t stay away? Even when you know you should…"
Review- *Free on iTunes* There isn't much I have to say about this book other than it was awful.  If you see my goodreads updates (which contain spoilers), you'll understand.  In the beginning of the book, I thought this book was going to be a good one!  The way they met, how he acted around her, how he treated her: I was expecting a better story.  Too bad the characters really sucked.

The story started off fine but immediately went down hill the first time he "made love to her".  I couldn't stand all the sex.  I felt as if it was always happening at such wrong moments.  I was literally saying "what the fuck" out loud (I was by myself) whenever they resulted to sex.  Even when they still had yet to deal with their problems, they'd still get it on.  Damien was too controlling and manipulative.  He treated her like property and kept her from having a life.  And Etta's jealousy problems: this girl threw a fit with any slight assumption of cheating.  I got that she had a bit of a right to act that way but the fact that she'd put up with it just shows her type of character.  Seeing  Etta return to Damien every time he did something wrong irritated the hell out of me.  I got that she was attracted to him but I couldn't help but see her as weak.  There are other reasons why she really annoyed me but I can't discuss them without spoiling the end of the story.

I don't really want to continue reviewing this story because it was just annoyingly bad.  However, I would like to say, the ending was such a cliffhanger, I was tempted to buy the next one just to see what would happen.  It turns out, you can pick the ending you would like (you'll understand after reading the story [if you read the story])  In the end, I couldn't really justify spending the money since I wasn't a fan of the author's writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment