Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book Review of The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite by Kiera Cass
Book Review: (SPOILER FREE)
Title & Author- The Elite by Kiera Cass
Genre- Young Adult, Teen Fiction, Dystopian, Romance
Rating- 3.5/5
Synopsis- "The Selection began with thirty-five girls. Now, with the group narrowed down to the Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever--and America is still struggling to decide where her own heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen, who she always thought was the one?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want--and America's chance to choose is about to slip away."
Review- Back in June of 2013, I write three words in the review section for the book The Elite by Kiera Cass: "NOT A DISAPPOINTMENT".  I'm gonna have to disagree with my 2013-year-old self.  This time around, I was disappointed in The Elite.  Unfortunately, I didn't write in-depth reviews back then so I'm not going to have to much to go on as I argue with what I said last year.  My main issue with this book was America's lack of decisiveness (is that proper grammar?), she was just so wishy washy, her indecisiveness was annoying.   She couldn't make a decision.  Ugh.  I got very annoyed- especially since I really didn't want her to like a certain someone.  I got a bit fed up with the continuation of the competition;  I was so dead set on her just picking the guy I wanted her to end up with.  I understood that Maxon had to explore his options but I wasn't a fan of the multiple relationships: America's and Maxon's.  There were many things that bothered me through out this book.  Most of my annoyance was caused due to my lack of patience; America needed to hurry up and get her shit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment