Monday, July 7, 2014

Book Review of The Selection by Kiera Cass

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Book Review: (SPOILER FREE)
Title & Author- Selection by Kiera Cass
Genre- Teen Fiction, Young Adult, Romance, Dystopian
Rating- 5/5
Synopsis- "For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined."
Review- Please note that this is my third time reading this book; The first time I read it was when it came out, the second time was when The Elite came out, and the third time was when The One.  Now, while it is still very enjoyable, it isn't one of those books that I'd like to read over and over again.  Through out the years, I've just forgotten the little things that have happened through out the story such as names and events.  But the great thing about Cass' writing is The Selection wasn't a difficult read!  While a lot may have happened in the story, I was never confused and I was always able to keep up.  

I love this book because of its story.  The writing makes it an easy read but the actual story is what makes it incredible!  The first time I read the synopsis, I thought much of the focus would be on the other girls and their fight against each other.  I also thought it'd be hard to keep up with the dystopian world, but this book was more than that!   While there was a lot going on in the dystopian world, Cass provides us readers with enough background and information that doesn't overshadow the events occurring.  She gives us just the right amount to keep us up with what is going on.  And relationships are built (friendly and romantically), hearts are broken, chaos occurs.  I didn't think I'd become attached to America but the events in this book proved otherwise.  You're just gonna have to read it to find out what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment